Apologies to those this doesn't relate to!
The Northern Region of the Society of Archivists will be meeting at 10.30 am on Wednesday 25th February at West Yorkshire Archive Service, The Registry of Deeds, Wakefield .
If you've never before attended a meeting of the Northern Region, or have not been to a meeting in some time, then we would love to see you. It was great to see so many of you at the Special Meeting in December, and (as quite a few people from December can testify!) new faces are always made very welcome. There's lots to be involved with, and the region is truly the sum of its members!
After the business meeting (c. 11.30am - 4.15pm), there will be a training event, Almost everything you always wanted to know about Deeds.
Are deeds the 'ugly duckling' in your office, or do you wish you better understood the difference between a 'lease and release' and a 'bargain and sale'?
This one day training course will offer archivists the chance to develop their knowledge of deeds and the Yorkshire Registers of Deeds. In particular it will include a practical workshop using the Registry of Deeds led by experienced staff, and information on using the Land Registry.
Topics to be covered include:
*	Introduction to pre-registration title deeds and the appraisal of deeds.
*	Registration, the Land registry and how to access the information.
*	The Yorkshire Registries.
*	A practical workshop using the Wakefield Registry of Deeds.
Book early to avoid disappointment, as we expect this course to prove very popular!
If you are planning on attending the business meeting please get in contact with me to let me know by Monday 23rd February or Tuesday 24th at the very latest. I will also be accepting apologies for absence.
I will be accepting written reports from repositories in the region and would urge you, whether you are able to attend or not, to pass your news onto the region in this way. If possible, it would be very much appreciated if you could pass written reports to me by Thursday 19th February or Friday 20th at the very latest. Written reports have proved to be very popular, and they don't have to be very long - just a paragraph or two is fine!
As ever, if you do have any further questions don't hesitate to get in touch, and we look forward to seeing you.
Regards;

Gary Brannan
Secretary to the Northern Region of the Society of Archivists

West Yorkshire Archive Service Wakefield
The Registry of Deeds
Newstead Road
Wakefield
WF1 2DE