I believe appropriate behaviours are about timing and context

"audiences" have differing levels of knowledge and understanding of
the processes how art gets to the networks, walls, screens and plinths
of our spaces - it is our to process to create meaningful engaging
experiences and at the same time show (and demonstrate) responsibility
in the process of relevance, selection, value for money, relationships
and  excellence

ethical consumption/production as demonstrated to greater and lesser
degrees in the oil industry could learn a trick or two - and we have
also witnessed consumers have shown extended lack of interest in
processes or ethics

therefore a relational approach is essential in building new models of
audience/artist/curator

as I alluded in my first post - I believe this is cyclical and very
dependent on scales of operation - scale of individual/group/
institution in relation to ethical behaviour in relation to the
development phase of the praciticioner ...in time

we are preparing a new exposition / exhibition Climate for Change
opening March 12, curated by Heather Corcoran - as the title implies
it has raised lots of (healthy) questions and conundrums of our own
methods, perceptions and the deeper signifiers in taking on a set of
subjects like this - interesting to compare this in the context of the
FACT an institution in 2008 to an home grown experiment in Hull in the
late 80's - awareness, scale, knowledge and experience all come into
play - how do we retain the reflexivity in later lives........