From: Ms B M Cook <[log in to unmask]>

> I found a "modern" reprint (1950s ??) on abebooks for c. 200 USDollars.....

perhaps because i sent the link to that copy in a previous answer to your
initial enquiry.

> What I needed was to be SURE the entry predated the Bollandists effort of
1876.

not having actually seen it, i would be reasonably sure that the reprint
simply reprints the 1620 ed. --unless there was some post-1876 ed., of
course.

> I would be happy to look things up for folks if given enough warning

there's a rub.

>and if the item is no too time consuming

well, if that's the only limitiation, on your next visit, you could razor
blade out a few choice folios of the Old English Hexateuch (Cotton, Claudius
B. iv):

http://ariadne.org/cc/etampes/et-style/hex3rb-r.jpg

that would only take a few seconds, i should think.

>but I don't know when I shall be in the BL again - not before jan / Feb for
sure.

failing to acquire leaves of the OEH, though i doubt if he has anything
unusual to say about him, if you find yourself in the presence of Henriquez
again, please remember Bernie's little Henry

> Prince Henry of France, son of Louis the Fat, younger bro. of Louis the Kid,
converted to Clairvaux by Bernie in 1146; after three years became Bishop of
Beauvais, then AB of Reims till his death in the early '70s, whose quite
extensive correspondance with Alex 3 survives in a single late c. 12
manuscript which i'm playing with the idea may have been assembled with a view
to trying him out for Sainthood Status, so he might just have made it into a
Menologionist-type collection.

i can't think of another of Bernie's converti who was of such a high level.

can anyone else?

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]