From: Society for The Academic Study of Magic on behalf of Caroline Tully
Sent: Fri 12/12/2008 07:22
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ACADEMIC-STUDY-MAGIC] Magical Garments

Hi,

Has anyone ever thought, like me lately, that the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn sure required that one supply oneself with what seemed like a lot of garments,.. sashes, nemysses(?), shoes... I presume people would have had them made, either by themselves, by their wives, or by a tailor(ess). They probably didn't have many shops selling magical robes like we do today (although I'm not aware of that many - probably because I live in low-population Australia). I know Florence Farr did embroidery work, but I wonder about those costumes... I mean even to perform the Evocation of Taphthartharath, not strictly in the Golden Dawn curriculum, required quite a bit of clothing and paraphernalia.

Does anyone know of any articles about Ceremonial Magic garments? Even articles about Pagan fashion would do.

Thanks,

~Caroline Tully.

http://necropolisnow.blogspot.com/

This incoming email to UWE has been independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were detected

This email was independently scanned for viruses by McAfee anti-virus software and none were found