Hi all,

Below I have pasted a brand new job posting for my home department. It is being advertised in all the usual places, too, of course.  I only mention it here because I wanted to alert any potentially interested parties to the fact that the literary period/field is *genuinely* open.  So if you have a serious interest/expertise in postcolonial studies--the kind that would qualify you to teach a survey course that reflected the broad range of work done under that moniker--then by all means all you Spenserians, Shakespeareans, Miltonists, and other early modernists with interests in the New World, Ireland, imperialism, the history and legacy of colonialism, etc., please apply.

Best,
Zack Long

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH: Ohio Wesleyan University. Ohio Wesleyan University seeks a person specializing in a postcolonial approach to literature in English, literary/period field open. A full-time, tenure-track position. The load is six courses a year, three in freshman composition and three in literature. We seek a candidate who demonstrates excellence in teaching and writing. Experience in teaching freshman writing is essential. Candidates should have the Ph.D. by August 2009. Ohio Wesleyan University is strongly committed to diversity within its community and encourages all interested applicants, including women and minorities, to apply. Send letter, vita, writing sample, dossier, and a syllabus of your design to Lynette Carpenter, Chair, Department of English, Sturges Hall, Ohio Wesleyan University, 61 S. Sandusky St., Delaware, OH 43015. Acknowledgment by e-mail or SAS card. Deadline: postmarked by January 5, 2009.

--
Zackariah Long
211 Sturges Hall