 What's happening in 2010?
John Innes Centre is having a large celebration, they are sponsoring a large prize and competition for the 2010 UKYSEF fair

From: psci-com: on public engagement with science [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Joanna Rooke
Sent: 03 November 2008 15:20
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PSCI-COM] What's happening in 2010?

Hi there,

Quick question...

Is anyone aware of any large anniversaries/celebrations happening in 2010 - i'm thinking of things on the same sort of scale as Darwin Year, International Year of Astronomy in 2009.

I'm already aware of the Royal Society's big birthday...

Thanks, Joanna

Are you interested in organising events and activities that engage the public with science and engineering? The BA Branches are currently seeking volunteers to help communicate science and engineering throughout the UK. Getting involved is a great way to gain experience or to utilise skills you may already have, to the benefit of your local community.  For more information go to www.the-ba.net/regions.

Joanna Rooke
Manager of Regional Programmes
the BA
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HD
T: +44 (0)20 7019 4953 (Please note my new number)

F: +44 (0)870 770 7102
Website: www.the-ba.net

Registered charity no: 212479 and SCO39236

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on
behalf of the BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science)