Dear all,

I'm a Fellow of All Souls College, Oxford, where I recently finished my Ph.D on the philosophy of perception.

With a team of people from Stanford University and Cambridge University, I've just launched a website, www.academia.edu, which does two things:

 - It shows academics and researchers around the world organized into a 'tree' format, according to which institution/department they are members of.
 - It enables academics to see news on the latest research in their field - the latest papers and talks.

We hope that Academia.edu will list eventually every academic and researcher in the world -- Faculty members, Post-Docs, and Graduate Students. Academics can add their departments, and themselves, to the tree by clicking on the arrows.

People are adding themselves to the tree quite rapidly. More than 14,000 academics have added themselves to the Academia.edu tree in the last two months. Some professors on the site include:

 - Richard Dawkins -  http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardDawkins
 - Stephen Hawking -  http://cambridge.academia.edu/StephenHawking
 - Paul Krugman - http://princeton.academia.edu/PaulKrugman
 - Noam Chomsky -  http://mit.academia.edu/NoamChomsky

We're trying to spread the word about Academia.edu as much as possible. It would be terrific if you could visit the site, and add yourself to your department on the tree. If your university is not there, you can add it by clicking on the arrows coming out of the university boxes.

Independent researchers - if you are a researcher that is not associated with a university, I encourage you to add yourself to the "Independent Researchers"

portion of the tree at http://independent.academia.edu

And do spread the word to your friends and colleagues if you can.

Many thanks,

Richard

Dr. Richard Price,
Prize Fellow, All Souls College
http://oxford.academia.edu/RichardPrice

Disclaimer: Academia.edu is not connected in any way with either All Souls College, or Oxford University.