Care Farming, Green Therapy, Therapeutic Community, Architecture,
Design, and Client/Patient/Student Participation: Bringing together
therapists, architects and educationalists in a one day seminar hosted
by the Institute for the History and Work of Therapeutic Environments in
collaboration with the Planned Environment Therapy Trust:

"I AM, They ARE, We WILL BE: Sustainability and Therapeutic Environments"
Starring Rex Haigh and Gary Winship

October 17th, 2008
at the Barns Conference Centre, Toddington, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
GL54 5DQ

Programme
17th October 2008, 10.30-4.30

10.30 Registration, Tea and Coffee

10.40 Welcome and opening remarks.

10.45 "Environmental education: making a difference?" Roger Firth,
Lecturer, The School of Education, The University of Nottingham.

11.25 Adrian Friend, Design Tutor in Architecture, The University of
Nottingham, and Architect Director of Friend and Company, London, a
practice shortlisted for Young Architect of the Year.
www.friendandcompany.co.uk

12.05 "Care Farming and Green Care" Rachel Hine, Assistant Director,
Centre for Environment and Society, University of Essex.

12.45 Lunch.

01.30 Keynote Speaker, Linda Farrow, White Design, Architects, Bristol.
http://www.white-design.co.uk

02.10 ‘Archaracle Primary School, Ardnamurchan’ Sam Foster, Project
Architect, Gaia Group: Gaia Architects, Edinburgh. http://www.gaiagroup.org

02.50 "Green Therapy for the NHS?" Rex Haigh, Consultant NHS
Psychiatrist, joint editor of Therapeutic Communities: Past, Present and
Future.

03.30 Tea.

03.40 Gary Winship, Associate Professor in the School of Education,
University of Nottingham. Associate Editor of the Journal of Psychiatric
& Mental Health Nursing Discussion: How can we foster care for nature
and the non-human in Education, Architecture and Therapeutic Environments?

04.20 Closing Remarks

Seminar fee: £50
Overnight accommodation available - tour the Cotswolds
For further Information, or to book a place:

PETT Admin/Conference Team
01242 621200

Dr. Craig Fees, RMSA
Archivist
Planned Environment Therapy Trust Archive and Study Centre
Hon. Director, Institute for the History and Work of Therapeutic Environments (a research and study centre of the University of Birmingham)
Church Lane
Toddington near Cheltenham
Glos. GL54 5DQ
United Kingdom