Hi SPMers,

Still in the normalisation step, i am searching how to normalize normal and
abnormal MRI brains using SPM 5.

In the SPM 5  tutorial, I found that weighting images (consisting of pixel
values between the range of zero to one)  are used for registering abnormal
or lesioned brains.

I would like to know where can I find this type of images, the weighting
ones and what's the specifities of those images to let them be used in this
case.

Another point please, the normalization step consists on determining the
optimum 12-parameter affine transformation, then estimating nonlinear
deformations.

I would like to know is it obligatory to estimate the non linear
deformations, i.e wrapping to the image input to match it to template. If
no, what are the cases where wrapping is obligatory.

Any suggestion are welcome.

A+

--

Raouia