Dear experts,

Apologies for bothering you with my basic (or silly) questions.
I am a vbm2 (by Prof. Gaser) user but going to move onto vbm5.

First question) As I read in the literature and mailing lists, vbm5 that involves Unified Segmentation inherent to spm5 is theoretically superior to optimized vbm incorporating to vbm2 in segmentation and preprocessing of the MR images. However, is there evidence or personal experience that vbm5 yields better statistical results (i.e., higher T or Z values) than vbm2, when analyzing the same dataset by using both methods ? If yes, would you kindly let me know?

Second question) I am acquiring MP-RAGE data from a 3T Siemens scanner (Trio) in a sagittal fashion (from right [1st image] side of the brain to left side [last image]). When I click on 'DICOM import' in spm5, the resulting NifTi images seem to be automatically oriented to the template, T1.nii. However, I am getting much confused about right-left orientation of the image. Can I go through the next step without flipping R-L?
I'm rather a novice in spm, and please let me know the right way.

Cordially yours,
Kim