Stephan (Science 03) and Passamonti (Neuroimage 08) amongst others have
taken this approach, to convey the PPI in terms of split data (with a 6
second delay from block transition timepoints). The figures give only an
approximation, because many data points represent BOLD during its slow
transition between one context/block and another. However, they are easy
to grasp at a glance and it is not difficult to implement.
James Rowe