If you generate a file containing slice 20 to slice 40, then you can segment
this - providing all the orientation issues etc are sorted out.  If SPM is
made too flexible, then it gets too confusing for users, so generally, for
special requests like this, you need to write your own code to do it.
However, I have a little function that may be useful here (see attached).

Best regards,
-John