A dying swine!

-----Original Message-----
From: Poetryetc: poetry and poetics [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Robin Hamilton
Sent: 13 October 2008 11:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Desdemona

From: "Judy Prince" <[log in to unmask]>

> Forgive me, Dave, if what I'm about to say offends you or scrunches you
> further into whatever negative state you're in, but I thoroly enjoyed,
> frequently laffed, at your post, given below.  Quite some poetry therein,
> as
> well.
> 2008/10/13 David Bircumshaw <[log in to unmask]>
>
>>  murdered but still talking in its last
>> gasps, raising up from its pillow on a final breath.

Sounds a bit like the conclusion of Drayton's sonnet, "Since there's no help

...":

Now at the last gasp of Love's latest breath,
When, his pulse failing, Passion speechless lies,
When Faith is kneeling by his bed of death,
And Innocence is closing up his eyes,
Now, if thou wouldst, when all have giv'n him over,
From death to life thou might'st him yet recover

        A Dying Swan