I'll try to elaborate something Candice: of late I have developed a
morbid fear of being seen as A Poet. Crudely put, among middle-class
people it tends to awake a feeding frenzy in psychological vampires,
while among lower-class people it triggers nihilistic crudity in
limerick rhymes. I hate the pretension of vocation, for me it's a
burden I wish I never had, I would much rather have been a bricklayer,
for example, like my dad, at least it's a honest job. Poetry is
magnificent, at times, yes, and it also sucks, it's full of phonies,
it's all too much a picture of Us, the supremely misnamed homo sapiens
sapiens.

The very crude snap I posted earlier has perked my interest again: I
would like to find a way to write rant that is aesthetically
satisfying at the same time too, a kind of formalisation of fury,
examples from the last century, such as Howl or the Usura Canto don't
really work, the Jacobeans could do it at times, but that was their
language, so I'm going to plot the development of a new form: the
Gibberhell (I've decided to drop the the final 'e') More later.

Best

Dave

--
David Bircumshaw