Dear list members,

 I am currently organizing a panel on “Psychoanalysis and Italian Studies” for the SIS Conference 2009. I would like to invite papers on topics which include but are not limited to:

-         The state of art of psychoanalytic criticism in Italy

-         Psychoanalytically informed readings of works of Italian literature

-         Psychoanalysis and Italian cinema

-         The role of psychoanalysis in Italian culture and public discourse

-         The relationship between psychoanalysis and academia in Italy

Papers focusing on, and making use of, post-Freudian and post-Kleinian approaches to literature, art and creativity (e.g. Bion, Meltzer, Winnicott, Lacan, Fornari etc.) will be particularly welcome.

I look forward to receiving abstracts from interested colleagues by 27 October.

Thank you and all best wishes,

Dr. Francesco Capello

Visiting Lecturer of Italian

University of Leeds

Scopri il Blog di Yahoo! Mail: trucchi, novità, consigli... e scrivi la tua opinione! ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/italian-studies.html