Hmm. I didn't get the right answer.

Maybe that's a reason for going for something as unambiguous as infinity
miles per gallon? For those of you who didn't get it, that's zero
carbon, or, as Cuban permaculturist Roberto Perez said when I asked a
question at a meeting he was addressing in London on Tuesday, we
shouldn't use this word 'carbon', talk about zero fossil fuels instead.
(By the way, he is interested in the Zero Carbon Caravan to Copenhagen
next year.  Does anyone know someone with a yacht he could travel across
the Atlantic on?)

Zero carbon (or zero fossil fuels) is something the Centre for
Alternative Technology are promoting. They did a zero carbon Britain
report last year <www.zerocarbonbritain.com> and are currently doing a
zero carbon Europe report.  They dispense completely with fossil fuels,
and indeed all liquid fuels, which gets rid of biofuels, reduce cars by
two thirds, and use renewable electricity to power the remaining third.
I think we should be pushing electric cars and forget about everything
else, including high mpg, hybrids, fuel cells, hydrogen, biofuels

Chris