Apologies for cross-posting

Dear Colleagues,

This is a reminder that the deadline for additions or alterations to the Society of Archivists' Work Experience lists is next Friday the 31st of October. The next update will be in March/April 2009. Please contact me with your details if you wish to be added to the Voluntary Work Experience or Paid Traineeship lists. For further details please see below.

Yours sincerely,

Henry Sullivan
Careers Officer
Society of Archivists

> Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 00:19:12 +0100
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Society of Archivists Work Experience Lists, Case Studies and Examples request

> Apologies for cross-posting
>
> Dear Colleagues
>
> As many of you will know the Society of Archivists maintains two lists of
> Work Experience Placements on its website at;
>
> http://www.archives.org.uk/careerdevelopment/startingout/workexperienceplacements.html
> or http://tinyurl.com/249eg7
>
> These lists are currently updated twice a year in April and September. This
> is therefore a somewhat late appeal to all archive and records management
> services in the UK and Ireland to provide any additional entries or
> alterations to the two lists. If you already have an entry on either list
> and are happy with it, you do not need to get back to me until April next
> year.
>
> The two lists are by far the most popular downloads on the Society's website
> and work experience is the most popular subject for career enquiries outside
> of basic information requests. We are keen to have as many entries on the
> two lists as possible, so as to provide a useful source of information to
> those seeking such experience.
>
> The placement can be a formal paid post or simply a willingness to take on
> volunteers. The only requirements are that it provides specifically archive
> and / or records management experience and that it must be regularly
> provided, either at set times of the year or on an approach basis.
>
> The deadline to respond with additions and alterations will be Friday the
> 31st of October.
>
> Below is a template of how your details will be displayed on the list. If
> you can record the details of your placement(s) in these fields, this will
> help with data input.
>
> Name of Organisation;
>
> Region:
>
> Main Duties of Post / Opportunities Available;
>
> Number of Posts available;
>
> Salary (Ignore for Voluntary opportunities);
>
> Duration;
>
> When Advertised (Ignore for Voluntary opportunities);
>
> Address & Contact;
>

> May I also take this opportunity to draw the attention of potential
> employers of work experience volunteers that the Society's Office in Taunton
> maintains a list of willing candidates who have approached them about
> obtaining work experience. It has grown considerably over the last year, as
> submissions to the list can now be made online through the Society's
> website, but there has been a poor take up by employers. If your service is
> looking for some volunteers to help with a particular project or activity
> you can contact the Society's Office (see
> http://www.archives.org.uk/content.asp?id=498) to obtain a copy of this
> list.
>
> A newer addition to the Starting Out section of the Society's website is a
> [...]

Try Facebook in Windows Live Messenger! Try it Now!