Dear all

(And apologies to those not involved/interested in the RGS working group
side of things ...)

Please find attached the minutes of our recent AGM, held during the
RGS-IBG annual conference in London last month.

First, I'm sure you will all join me in saying a HUGE THANK YOU to our
outgoing officers Duncan Fuller (chair), Rachel Pain (treasurer) and
Paul Chatterton (secretary) for all their hard work in getting the group
up and running and so well established ... cheers and don't disappear
now!! (think you're automatically on the committee still hey?)

And to introduce your new officers:

Kye Askins, Northumbria Uni. (chair)

Louise Waite, Leeds Uni. (secretary)

Friederike Ziegler, Keele Uni. (treasurer)

If you've any comments, questions, suggestions, etc. for the working
group please get in touch with any/all of us - of course please also
circulate on this list too, if you want, so everyone can chip in...

Second: The next research group meeting is at the RGS next Mon. 29th and
Friederike has bravely volunteered for this one. It'll focus on
reviewing the annual conference, so if anyone has comments on that -
especially session organisers perhaps - could you please forward to
Friederike, ta. On that note, another big thanks goes out to Sophie
Wynne-Jones for getting the pygywg sessions videoed (watch this space
...), and all pygywg session organisers and presenters - once again we
had a stonking presence at the RGS-IBG! Let Friederike know your
thoughts too (sorry for the short notice on this, been on annual leave
to celebrate chair-ship!)

Third: Kerry Burton at Exeter has kindly agreed to continue being our
official website person ... any groovy ideas about the site please get
in touch with her on [log in to unmask] .

That's it for now ...

Take care

kye