A few titles you might check:

*The state of the Christian Church in Spain at the time of the Council
of Elvira :*
*as shown by the canons of that Council /*

Bertram Albert *Warren*

1904
*English* Book Book 37, 31 leaves ; 27 cm.
Chicago,

*Power and sexuality;*
*the emergence of canon law at the Synod of Elvira.*

Samuel *Laeuchli*

1972
*English* Book Book ix, 143 p. 22 cm.
Philadelphia, Temple University Press ;

Tom Izbicki

George R. Hoelzeman wrote:

> In the course of reading Hans Belting's "Likeness and Presence" he referenced the (local) Council of Elvira of 306.  The particular conciliar act he referenced
> was translated somewhat differently than I recall having seen it translated back when my latin was better some 25 years ago.  Since I'm reading Belting in
> translation, and Belting is referencing the canon (#36) from Hugo Koch (Die Altchristliche Bilderfragen, 1917) and Walter Elliger (Die Stellung der alten Christen
> zu den Bilder in den ersten vier Jahrhunderten, 1930) I'd like to find the Latin version of this canon and any thoughts on its translation.
>
> On a related front, where might one find the acts of the various Ecumenical and General Councils in translation (English or German)?
>
> Many thanks
>
> George the Less
>

> George R. Hoelzeman
> G.R.Hoelzeman Studios