Hello All,

We are currently advertising a post to complete our Heritage Lottery Funded Access to Archaeology Project. The post will be responsible for delivering the outreach element of the project. Please could you pass this on to anyone who might be interested?

Many thanks,

Eleanor

Eleanor Kingston

Archaeology and Heritage Adviser

Lake District National Park Authority

Direct Dial: 01539 792712

www.lake-district.gov.uk

Heritage Lottery Fund Access to Archaeology Project Officer

Salary 18,146 - 21,209 (37 hours per week)

Contract for 8 months

The Lake District National Park has a rich and varied archaeological heritage including prehistoric landscapes, medieval monastic sites and the extensive remains of past industries. We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to promote greater awareness of this heritage.

The Access to Archaeology project has produced information in accessible and exciting formats, including leaflets, an exhibition and education packs. You will deliver the outreach programme to the wider community to promote these resources.

Experience of delivering outreach and events to the general public is essential, with an interest in making archaeological information available to the wider public. Excellent written and communication skills and sound IT skills are also vital.

We are committed to equality of opportunity and welcome applications from all sectors of society. If you are an applicant with disabilities who meets the essential requirements of the job, we will interview you.

This project is supported by the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund.

For an informal discussion, please contact Eleanor Kingston on 01539 792712.

For further details and an Application Form, visit our web site at www.lake-district.gov.uk, email us at [log in to unmask] or write to Human Resources, Lake District National Park Authority, Murley Moss, Oxenholme Road, Kendal, LA9 7RL clearly stating which position you are applying for and whether you would like details emailed or posted.

Please note CVs will not be accepted.

Closing date for applications is midday on 5 September 2008

Interviews will be held at Murley Moss, Kendal on 15 September 2008

This email contains information intended for the addressee only. It may be
confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.
Any dissemination, distribution, copyright or use of this communication
without prior permission of the addressee is strictly prohibited. Any views
or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Lake District National Park Authority. Although this
email and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other
defects which might affect any computer or IT system into which they are
received, no responsibility is accepted by the Lake District National Park
Authority for any loss or damage arising in any way from the receipt or use
thereof. Computer systems of this Authority may be monitored and
communications carried out on them recorded, to secure the effective
operation of the system and for other lawful purposes.