From: Issues related to Historic Environment Records [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lee White
Sent:
13 August 2008 10:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: DC-related query: Alternative quotes for final P-EX work

Dear All,

Apologies for sending this DC related query out, but could you please pass this to your DC/Planning Archaeologist if you don't personally deal with it?

I'm in the midst of arguing with a developer over the final stage of some P-Ex work and need some feedback from colleagues nationally.

The developer is querying the quotation they've received from the contractor and are asking me (amongst other things!) to "suggest another archaeological company who is prepared to offer a quotation".

My immediate gut response is not printable; but I did wish to just check if I'm correct in my assumption that this is highly irregular and not common practice in the profession. Have any of you had a similar experience, if so what was the outcome?

Many thanks
Lee
Assistant Archaeology Officer
Libraries, Learning and Culture
Adult & Community Services
Durham County Council
The Rivergreen Centre
Aykley Heads
Durham
DH1 5TS

0191-370-8846 (T)   0191-370-8897 (F)

e-mail:              [log in to unmask]
On-line SMR:  www.keystothepast.info

** NEW** 2008 issue of "County Durham Archaeology" now available to purchase via: www.durham.gov.uk/onlineshop

Help protect our environment by only printing this email if absolutely necessary. The information it contains and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are only intended for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. It may be unlawful for you to use, share or copy the information, if you are not authorised to do so. If you receive this email by mistake, please inform the person who sent it at the above address and then delete the email from your system. Durham County Council takes reasonable precautions to ensure that its emails are virus free. However, we do not accept responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of viruses we might transmit and recommend that you should use your own virus checking procedures.

Concerned about how climate change may affect older properties? What about saving energy?
Visit our new website www.climatechangeandyourhome.org.uk today.

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.