And/or you could get some free independent advice about Disabled Facilities
Grants etc from your local citizens advice bureau, DIAL (disability information
& advice) organisation or Law Centre.  Age Concern also do some good fact
sheets.  Local authorities have complaints procedures and also have public
sector duties under the DDA.  Don't take no for an answer!

Tabby