-----Original Message-----
From: A network for chaplains, educationalists and researchers
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Jayne Shepherd
Sent: 14 August 2008 13:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: what to call the 'chaplaincy' department

Dear Anne

We are the Spiritual Care Dept.  We are chaplains and together with our
volunteers form the Spiritual Care team.  Chaplaincy is retained by some
in common parlance and also in the JD of the HOD 'Head of Spiritual Care
and Chaplaincy Services'.  Our Muslim colleagues in particular
appreciate the title 'Spiritual Care' as it speaks to them of
inclusivity.

Best wishes

Jayne