Hi,
    I encountred infamous "Bad image handle dimensions" error. According to:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/SPM/Installation_on_64bit_Linux#Linux_Distributions_for_x86-64
I ran make && make install from spm5/src/.

    It failed on mex compillation (gcc lines were succesfull and this was
the first mex line)

    mex COPTIMFLAGS='-O3 -funroll-loops -fPIC -march=x86-64 -mfpmath=sse' -c
spm_mapping.c
    mex:  -funroll-loops not a valid option.

    My gcc version is 3.4.6.
    I downloaded the latest updates from the SPM site.

    Any suggestions? May be I need to install newer version of gcc? On
matlab site they are saying that they are using 4.1.1
(http://www.mathworks.com/support/compilers/current_release/linux.html).
However, how it is related to mex...

    On matlab 2006A version it looks like the build succeeded and SPM5 is
running.

    Thanks for your help,
    Vadim