There is nothing to tweek headers via the user interface, as I felt that this
was much too dangerous for non experts to use because of the ease with which
things can become messed up.  However, there are a couple of ways of creating
headers by coding up a bit of MATLAB.  The functions that can be used are
spm_create_vol and the nifti utilities.  For spm_create_vol, you can obtain
an idea of the required form of the structure that is passed from doing an
spm_vol of some image.  For the nifti approach, you can derive a few clues
about doing stuff by typing:

    help nifti/Contents

Best regards,
-John