Is it possible to display the C:\VBM\rc1V00624.nii file (via the Display
button)?  If the import procedure crashed or was interrupted, then this may
cause some problem with the headers.  Another possibility may be that the
file is locked for exclusive use by some other program (maybe??).

The message about "Reference to non-existent field 'stack'." is because of
changes that were made to the error reporting that relied on more recent
versions of MATLAB.

Best regards,
-John