Yes, Antoine, the castrum of Dinan stands upon a valley with a small river-harbour at its feet
http://www.bretagne-tourisme.org/22/dinan/imagesite/dinan_port_rance.jpg

The name of the river, Rance (latin Reginca) is far from Coloata ; but I was asking myself about this word: we may be have to read *coloaca/cloaca because rivers were usually used as sewers during Middle Ages and the main industry at Dinan, like in other small Breton cities, was production of linen, which technics need water and is extremely polluting.

Best from

ANDRE YVES BOURGES