Nick Howes wrote:
> Fiona Culloch wrote:
>> Finally, I'm happy to take this discussion off-list if the minutiae are
>> likely to be boring the other participants!
> I've replied offlist to save others from receiving many log lines. If
> we find a solution I'll post again with a summary in case it's useful.
We discovered eventually that my installation, originally a pre-release
version, was then "upgraded" to 2.0 but some of the configuration didn't
make it over. In particular, the updated trust engines provided in
relying-party.xml were not there.

The lesson: when moving from prerelease to release, it's best to just
start again with a fresh install.