Heather Peake wrote:

> is anybody having problems with the UK Federation WAYF today? I ask because
> we have been doing some tinkering about on our servers etc. and when we try
> to test our SP the UK Federation WAYF comes up with no institures in it and
> I don't know if it is us or them and I just wondered if anybody else had the
> same problem. I've tried contacting the help desk but I think they are a bit

The usual reason for this would be that the parameters passed through to
the WAYF don't appear to refer to an SP that is registered in the UK
federation.  For example, if your SP's entity ID had changed or
something along those lines.

This happens because the WAYF is trying to be intelligent and present
you with "appropriate" IdPs... for an unknown SP, there are none so the
list becomes empty.

If you stop at the WAYF page with the empty list, send me the URL from
the address bar and I can check whether this is what is happening.

	-- Ian