Re: GEM Digest - 17 Jul 2008 to 18 Jul 2008 - Special issue (#2008-189) Dear all,

Following confirmation of funding from English Heritage, the Building Exploratory wishes to appoint an experienced project manager to lead and inspire a team of volunteers in the completion of a survey of listed places of worship in Hackney and Tower Hamlets.

Working closely with our partners, English Heritage and the Churches Conservation Trust, the project manager will be responsible for recruiting and training a team of committed volunteers and overseeing a survey of the condition, use and significance of 70 places of worship in these two historic East End boroughs. This is a pilot survey and the post holder will be required to develop a proposal for delivering the project London wide.

This project builds upon previous investigations of places of worship carried out by the Building Exploratory during 2007 as part of our highly successful project “Religion and Place in Tower Hamlets”. It also provides an important opportunity for us to develop our work with volunteers.

In addition to overseeing the survey and supporting the volunteers, the project manager will be responsible for the photographic documentation of the buildings and the drafting of new pages for our website religionandplace.org.uk, an online information resource on religious buildings.

This is a part-time position, two days a week.

For more information on the position and an application form, please e-mail me on [log in to unmask]  If you would like an informal discussion, please contact Nicole Crockett on 020 7275 8555.

Best wishes,

Oliver
--
Oliver Redfern