Dear all, see position advertised for six months in Oslo, please contact Atle Freteim ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>) directly for info, not me.

Statistician urgently needed for six months in beautiful Oslo, Norway!

At the Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services we are searching for a replacement for one of our statisticians, who is currently on a one-year leave.

The centre hosts several Cochrane-related functions:
•       The Norwegian Branch of the Nordic Cochrane Centre
•       The Cochrane Methodology Review Group (CMRG)
•       Effective Practice and Organisation of Care Review Group (EPOC), Oslo Satellite

Statistical support for reviewers in these areas will represent up to half the workload, while the remaining time will be for providing general support on an ad hoc basis for other review-projects at the centre (e.g. HTA-reports) and ongoing research projects.

The position is placed in the Preventive and International Health Care Unit at the centre.

Start: September/October

Salary-level (per year): NOK 460,000 to 550,000 (approx. €57,000 to 68,000)   – depending on qualifications.

If interested, please contact: Research Director, Atle Fretheim ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>)

We have a brand new web-site, but unfortunately the English version is not up and running yet. Want to test your Norwegian abilities or just look at some happy faces? Check out www.kunnskapssenteret.no<http://www.kunnskapssenteret.no> .

Norwegian Knowledge Centre for the Health Services summarizes and disseminates evidence concerning the effect of treatments, methods, and interventions in health services, in addition to monitoring health service quality. Our goal is to support good decision making in order to provide patients in Norway with the best possible care. The Centre is organized under The Directorate for Health and Social Affairs, but is scientifically and professionally independent. The Centre has no authority to develop health policy or responsibility to implement policies.Statistician urgently needed for six months in beautiful

Graeme MacLennan
Senior Statistician
Health Services Research Unit
Health Sciences Building