Dear Xingbao,

We are analyzing a fMRI study using SPM in which we have two groups. If the two groups have different smaple sizes (eg 14 vs 30), how do I can report second level result with a same p value and a same extend cluster size?. Of course, we can do two samples t-test with SPM for comparison. However, we need to report each group result respectively. If we set p value at 0.001 for both groups, you get a high t value reqired for group with less sample size ( t =3.4 vs t=3.8). How do I can interprate the results of two groups with unbalance sample sizes?

To report the activation within each group separately use a single sample t-test to show that the
contrast is greater (or less than) zero in the usual way.

Then report the group differences in a third SPM analysis using an unpaired t-test. Again report
the results in the usual way.

I hope this helps - Karl