Dear Colleagues (Sorry if some of you receive  this twice)

Here's an offer (we hope) you can't refuse - the '53' books for sale at £5 each, or less if you buy in bulk..............

........... Angela Hobsbaum of the Institute of Education and I have been sending parcels of books left by her late husband, Roy Cox, as gifts to Staff Development Centres in poorer countries, and, helped by colleagues on the SEDA listserve, we located 12 grateful recipients, mainly in Africa.

Trevor Habeshaw has generously donated to our project his remaining unsold stock of 7,000 copies of the '53 interesting things...' series, as he is now retiring. We would like most of these to go to our African colleagues and wider afield, but need to raise the necessary shipping costs. We are therefore selling the '53' books at half their previous price to colleagues not only in the UK, but in Canada and the US too - the latter through two SEDA members, Celia Popovic and Stephen Bostock, who have kindly agreed to take sets of the books to promote sales in North America at the ICED and the STLHE conferences.

If you would like to buy any of the books in single or multiple copies for your centre, or as resources for any courses you may be running in the year ahead, please send your order now. We hope, at these prices, you will feel it's too good an offer to miss; and all the income will go to help colleagues overseas.

Here (attached) is what's on offer.