Hello, Philips,

I have 3 Moodle sites runing over the local host (I use WAMPSERVER for that, I don't know in your case) and I have never had any problem.

This is the advice I can give you from my experience:

1) Don't change the table prefix in any of the databases because many useful scripts and plug-ins you can find at Moodle.org, use the default "mdl_..." prefix for getting information from the database. As an  example of this: while using the popular block "Livestats" in a Moodle site that it was set up before me in my college, it took me almost a week to realize that I couldn't get the loggings retrieved because the database for that site was set up without the prefix mdl, and Livestats uses a "select mdl_log....." string query.

2) I use three different names for my databases:
Moodle1
Moodle2
Moodle3

(Moodle2 uses v.1.9, the rest uses v.18.5)

3) While installing my Moodle sites, I set up 3 separate data directories  in the server.

It may also work with different configurations, but I can only advice from my experience.

Hope that this can help.

Regards

Mari

Mari Cruz García
Learning Technologist
ILSS: Learner  and Excellence Team
Carnegie College
Halbeath
Dunfermline
Fife
KY11 8DY

Tel: 0844 248 0115, ext 5250
Direct Fax: 01383 845078
http://www.carnegiecollege.ac.uk

This email and any attachments may contain private and confidential information and is solely intended for the recipient(s) only. If you have received this email and any attachments in error and you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply email and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies. Any views or other information in this message which do not relate to our business are not authorised by us, nor does this message form part of any contract unless so stated.

We offer no guarantees that this email or any attachment will be received error or virus free and accept no responsibility whatsoever in this regard.

Our e-mail system is subject to random monitoring and recording by us.

Carnegie College is a body incorporated under the Further and Higher Education (Scotland) Act 1992. Carnegie College was formerly known as Lauder College. Check out what is new at Carnegie @ http://www.carnegiecollege.ac.uk