Hi,

It might be possible that you're using a 32-bit coot-real binary with a 64-bit libGLU library (if your system is x64 and you've installed one of the coot binary distributions).

If this isn't the case, then adding /usr/lib64 to the environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH should do the trick.

Pete

Sent: Wed 6/4/2008 3:01 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: libGLU.so.1

Hi,
I am trying to get COOT working on a recently installed fedora core 9 linux
system.

when I try to run it, I get the following errors:
current_exe_dir is .
COOT_PREFIX is /usr/local/programs/CCP4/Coot-0.3.3
./coot-real: error while loading shared libraries: libGLU.so.1: cannot open

Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to load module "libgnomebreakpad.so":
libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
coot-exe: "./coot-real"

However, the first library (libGLU.so.1) is in fact installed in:
/usr/lib64

How can I direct COOT to find these libraries?

Thanks,
Rebecca