Hey Roger -- this is a knee-jerk reaction, eh?  but... aside from the
revealing vision that is suggested by the apocalypse, the first thing
that pops into my mind, as an artist involved in maintaining my own
archive of audio-video-text-image:

questions: What class of proles will be doing the MASSIVE data
meta-tagging for the elites to have this transparent access?  The
elites won't have the time to do this and maintain their production
of content needing tagging.  What other organizations will have
access to this datasphere?  Imagine the publication of a heretical
document based on linked sources -- will that linking immediately
implicate  and bring down the whole cluster of folks referenced when
the gov't decides that this text and it's author is a threat to the
state?  And will thousands of 'innocent' academics have their
pensions erased after being cross-referenced in this hyper-aggregated
matrix?  Utopian, Dystopian, no difference, IMHO

I spend on average AT LEAST 1.5 hour a day in
coagulating/maintaining/extending my (modest) archive (presently
around 200,000 'individual items', 2 terabytes, which accrues at a
rate of several hundred items a day with an ever increasing data
volume).  This has nothing to do with creative content production...
and yields a moderately functional search mechanism across 50 or so
different data types.   This archive has limited historical content,
based on my lack of time to back-scan and catalog items.  This
1.5-hour time frame also does not include the acquisition process
which, if gathering new sources (or scanning old), and massaging them
into the protocols of the datasphere-makers takes much MORE time...

It takes life-time/life-energy to maintain an ordered system of data,
but whose life-time will be spent?  Those who create more 'content'
to maintain there position in the system, or someone else?

I think I'd rather exist in the possible autonomous zones that might
exist within or despite such a pervasive system that you envision ...

How to break it down, how to disturb the hegemonic powers that will
inevitably arise which will control those instruments, their
components, corollaries, and substrates.  How to produce paradigms
which will spin uncontrollably completely outside that datasphere and
create self-replicating memes that will render the datasphere
incoherent and truly indeterminate, like life.

And, sheesh, isn't it boring that the techno-social system does not
give much credibility to the process of individuals looking at the
world that they experience, and them saying what their embodied
presence IS experiencing.  Instead the techno-social system rewards
an endless process of hyper-socialized quoting what somebody else
quoted what somebody else quoted what somebody else quoted from what
somebody said about what they experienced...  seems stultifying to
the nth degree.

cheers,
John