15th Annual International Conference: Promoting Business Ethics

To be held at the Manhattan campus of St. John’s University, New York

October 22, 2008 - October 24, 2008 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM

Manhattan Campus

Business Ethics: Back to Basics

Sponsored by The Vincentian Universities in the United States

The annual international conference promoting business ethics encourages a very broad-based approach to the discussion of ethical theory and practice and seeks contributions to that discussion from business and academic professionals who are promoting business ethics through:

In addition to the general theme for keynote and plenary sessions, the conference is organized in broad topical areas based on proposed submissions. Formal academic sessions are interspersed with panel discussions, interactive conversations, keynote addresses and debates for dynamic participation among the conference attendees.

This is an opportunity for both contribution and growth throughout the formal and informal sessions. We anticipate critical  discussion within this congenial conference setting.

Format for Proposals
We are looking for business professionals and academics who have an interest in business ethics (in its broadest and widest sense) to submit formal proposals. Final proposals will be selected through a blind referee process.

We require only a one page proposal, or an abstract. We will also need information to contact you (mailing address, e-mail address, phone and fax numbers). We invite proposals that:

Since we will be facilitating the publication of select conference manuscripts, we expect the highest research quality and/or greatest business application from all papers.

E-mail proposals before May 15, 2008, to:
Patrick Flanagan, C.M.

Important Dates

Conference Registration
The special conference registration fee ($300) includes two continental breakfasts, three lunches, a welcoming reception, daily morning and afternoon refreshments and electronic distribution of conference papers and abstracts.

Hotels and Accommodations
The Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca
125 Chambers St
New York, NY 10007
or
95 West Broadway
New York, NY 10007

A few short blocks from St. John’s Manhattan campus, reasonably priced, basic services. Higher priced full service hotels in the area include:

Embassy Suites Hotel New York
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282

New York Marriott