15th Annual International Conference: Promoting Business Ethics

To be held at the Manhattan campus of St. John's University, New York

October 22, 2008 - October 24, 2008 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Manhattan Campus

Business Ethics: Back to Basics
Sponsored by The Vincentian Universities in the United States
*	DePaul University
*	Niagara University
*	St. John's University
The annual international conference promoting business ethics encourages a
very broad-based approach to the discussion of ethical theory and practice
and seeks contributions to that discussion from business and academic
professionals who are promoting business ethics through:
*	traditional business disciplines of accounting, finance, marketing,
advertising, management, risk management, actuarial science
*	related areas of interest: philosophy, theology, psychology,
sociology and language arts
In addition to the general theme for keynote and plenary sessions, the
conference is organized in broad topical areas based on proposed
submissions. Formal academic sessions are interspersed with panel
discussions, interactive conversations, keynote addresses and debates for
dynamic participation among the conference attendees.
This is an opportunity for both contribution and growth throughout the
formal and informal sessions. We anticipate critical  discussion within this
congenial conference setting.
Format for Proposals
We are looking for business professionals and academics who have an interest
in business ethics (in its broadest and widest sense) to submit formal
proposals. Final proposals will be selected through a blind referee process.
We require only a one page proposal, or an abstract. We will also need
information to contact you (mailing address, e-mail address, phone and fax
numbers). We invite proposals that:
*	reflect timely, cutting-edge insight
*	represent collaboration between academic professionals and business
professionals (including practical case studies)
Since we will be facilitating the publication of select conference
manuscripts, we expect the highest research quality and/or greatest business
application from all papers.
E-mail proposals before May 15, 2008, to:
Patrick Flanagan, C.M.
Important Dates
*	May 15, 2008, Proposals due
*	June 15, 2008, Decision date
*	August 1, 2008, Registration and payment
*	September 15, 2008, Completed paper and abstract for conference
printing and distribution due
Conference Registration
The special conference registration fee ($300) includes two continental
breakfasts, three lunches, a welcoming reception, daily morning and
afternoon refreshments and electronic distribution of conference papers and
abstracts.
Hotels and Accommodations
 <http://www.cosmohotel.com/> The Cosmopolitan Hotel Tribeca
125 Chambers St
New York, NY 10007
or
95 West Broadway
New York, NY 10007
A few short blocks from St. John's Manhattan campus, reasonably priced,
basic services. Higher priced full service hotels in the area include:

<http://embassysuites1.hilton.com/en_US/es/hotel/NYCNYES-Embassy-Suites-New-
York-New-York/index.do?ctyhocn=NYCNYES> Embassy Suites Hotel New York
102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10282

<http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/nycws-new-york-marriott-financial-cen
ter/> New York Marriott