Hello,

Tim says that with 100 residue protein with 100,000 steps this should take
no more than a few minutes (with a modern computer).  During that time it
will take all (well, a lot) of your CPU but the issue here might be that
if your computer does not have much memory this would likely result in
lots of swapping, which would grind things to a halt as you describe.
(The algorithm uses a lot of memory to make it run faster.)  So the
question is how much memory your computer has and how many other apps are
doing something at the same time.  If this doesn't make sense or help then
get back in touch.

Wayne