Dear all,

For a longitudinal fMRI study in single subjects, I want to enter the data
of two or three different scan days in one model, so as to be able to
compare main effects and contrasts on different days (in single subjects).
There are 4 sessions (runs) within each scan day, and SPM of course adds the
session-specific effects in the model.

1) Is it possible to model the day-specific effects as well (basically, to
add a separate column for each scan day in the model, or in other words, to
add sessions over sessions)?
   - or would you advise to just treat the 4 sessions within one scan day as
one session, and model the different scan days as if they were different
sessions?

2)Do you agree that my model should have day-specific regressors?

Thanks for all help!
Best,

Dirk den Ouden

Dirk-Bart den Ouden, Ph.D.

Aphasia & Neurolinguistics Research Laboratory

Dept. of Communication Sciences & Disorders

Northwestern University

2240 Campus Drive, Evanston IL 60208-3066

Phone: (office) 1-847-467-2515; (lab) 1-847-467-7591