To cut down on spam, the cphc-conf list has been configured to request
positive
confirmation of messages posted from  e-mail addresses not currently
subscribed
to the list. You must now confirm  that the enclosed message did originate
from
you. To do so,  simply reply to the present message and  type "OK"
(without the
quotes) in the text  of your message, or click on the link  below. If this
does
not work, or if the message did  NOT originate from you, contact the list
owner
for assistance.

To APPROVE the message:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?OK=432870DF&L=CPHC-CONF
Please address queries and applications to the address below.

3rd DIMACS - LAMSADE Workshop and Meeting of the COST Action IC0602 on
Algorithmic Decision Theory
Paris, 28-31 October 2008

Since 2004 DIMACS and LAMSADE have been running a joint research program
on Computer Science and Decision Theory. Already in October 2004 and 2006
we organised a joint workshop. We are now planning a more focused workshop
on Algorithmic Decision Theory which is also the main research subject of
the two laboratories cooperation as well as of the COST Action IC0602
(www.algodec.org).  You can see more details about this new workshop as
well as about the past workshops at the web page:

www.lamsade.dauphine.fr/dimacs.

The new workshop aims to:
 - introduce PhD students to these exciting areas through a number of
tutorials;
 - show the state of the art in these areas and shape future research
directions;
 - bring together social scientists, decision theorists and computer
scientists in
   an interdisciplinary meeting

Participation in the workshop is by invitation only. If you are interested
please fill in the registration. PhD students interested in attending the
tutorials and the workshop are especially welcome (we should be able to
sponsor a limited number of PhD students in order to help them attending).
They also should fill in the registration. Invitees who wish to present a
paper should submit an extended abstract no later than June 1, 2008. All
abstracts will be available on this web site. As for the previous workshop
that DIMACS and LAMSADE sponsored, we will consider editing a special
issue of papers on the workshop's subject. We are also planning to provide
all preliminary versions of the full papers for the workshop in the form
of a volume of Annals of LAMSADE. For that purpose we need such
preliminary versions no later than September 15, 2008. For reasons of
organization we would really appreciate it if everybody can confirm their
participation by the end of September 2008 .

Topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
        computational issues in consensus functions
        automatic decision making
        social choice and artificial intelligence
        fair allocation of resources and fair partitioning
        robust decision making
        multi-agents learning
        preference models in decision making, reasoning and knowledge
extraction
        qualitative decision theory
        decision under risk and uncertainty (extreme events)
        applications to recommender systems, semantic web, knowledge
extraction,
        homeland security, logistics etc ...

Please do not hesitate to visit the workshop web page
(www.lamsade.dauphine.fr/dimacs)
or to contact any among the organisers for further inquiries and
nformation.

Fred Roberts                    Alexis Tsoukiąs
DIMACS                  LAMSADE

Alexis Tsoukiąs
Coordinator of the COST Action IC0602
http://www.algodec.org