On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Simon Biggs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 > Forwarded on behalf of James Leach:

 >  Here are some suggestions for an answer to exactly these questions about
 >  equality, ownership and collaboration across sectors, culture,
 >  disciplines....  See particularly the template agreement for those entering
 >  into such collaborations:
 >  http://newmedia.umaine.edu/stillwater/partnership/index.html

 Excellent papers on cross cultural collaboration.
 I have been working on some ideas here
 http://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Society_as_ecology

 Through writing this I've found other people who are working on social
 ecology which I feel has a lot in common with open source network
 culture. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_ecology
 http://www.stuartbhill.com/

 Wade Davis on TED is also interesting regarding valuing diverse
 perspectives and participation
 http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/69

 For me one of the essential ideas is the shift from broadcast/consume
 to participation
 I think this is a skill we are learning/remembering now that we are
 looking to work in open communities where fit for purpose defines the
 kindsof contributions people make rather than specific membership.