The Collaboration Experience:
Working across Disciplines, Borders, and Attitudes
Cynthia Beth Rubin

A discussion of the pitfalls and benefits of collaboration, drawing
from personal experience, and from discussions with other artists who
have collaborated in the creation of new works.

New Media forms of artistic practice seem to be made for
collaboration, as artists can now merge varying elements pictorial,
sound, and interface elements, as well as working between 2D and 3D.
Nonetheless, we are not trained to be collaborators, and finding our
way in this territory is not always easy, as we face differing
assumptions about process, aesthetic, and ownership.  In the growing
global world, cross-cultural collaboration may be the key to breaking
down barriers between technologically advanced wealthy countries and
those artists with limited access to resources, but how can we take
that step in a way that keeps the conversation among equals?

Doors: 6.30pm
Talk and presentation of work: 7:30pm
At: Lighthouse, 28 Kensington Street, BN1 4AJ
Lighthouse Bar will be available for refreshments (Cocktail Happy
Hour from 6:30pm)
FREE entry

For more information: http://www.lighthouse.org.uk/whatson/digiville.htm