Quoting aymeric mansoux <[log in to unmask]>:

> In my opinion you cannot compare the freedoms explicit in the GPL
> license and at the same time give examples with CC licensed content.
> GPL is a workaround to copyright, CC is simplification of copyright.
> These are 2 very different things in terms of freedom and ideology.

If the CC licence is SA (*without* NC) or BY then a comparison to Free
Software is reasonable.

But CC licences containing the NC or ND terms do not fit the
definitions of Free Software, Open Source or Free Culture from the
FSF, OSI, Debian or Freedom Defined.

CC have a new "Approved For Free Cultural Works" scheme that helps to
clarify this distinction:

- Rob.