I am not surprised! Oxford Uni  is notorious for its bad attitude to
disabled people.

To name just two examples: Michael Flanders (of Flanders and Swan
fame) after serving in the Royal  Navy in the 2nd World War was not
allowed back into Christchurch college, Oxford) because he was then a
wheelchair user,

Stephen Hawking would not be able to enter Oxford's Astrophysics lab
(built in the 1970's)  via the front entrance.

I think that Oxford Uni still considers that the human brain is in the
feet rather than above the neck.

Perhaps the only way they will catch up with 20th century attitudes to
impairment and disability would be if their grant was threatened until
they started to treat disabled people the respect they deserve.
However, they have ample amounts of money and own the centre of Oxford
and much farm land nearby.

Keith

diversityworks.co.nz/>
>Philip Patston  http://www.philippatston.com <http://www.
philippatston.com/>
>My blog http://www.200gr8.com <http://www.200gr8.com/>
>--------------------
>Phone +64 9 376 4837  Mobile +64 21 76 4837
>Postal PO Box 46256 Herne Bay Auckland NZ
>Email [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]
nz>
>Schedule http://diversityworks.co.nz/philips-schedule/ <http:
//diversityworks.co.nz/philips-schedule/>
>--------------------
>This email message and any documents attached are intended only for
the person(s) or entity (entities) to whom it is addressed. The
information it contains may be classified as IN CONFIDENCE, legally
privileged or copyright. If you are not the intended recipient any use,
disclosure or copying of the message or attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify us
immediately and destroy it and any attachments. Thank you.

>________________End of message________________
>
>This Disability-Research Discussion list is managed by the Centre for
Disability Studies at the University of Leeds (www.leeds.ac.
uk/disability-studies).
>Enquiries about list administration should be sent to disability-
>
>Archives and tools are located at:
>www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/disability-research.html
>You can VIEW, POST, JOIN and LEAVE the list by logging in to this web
page.

Protect children against online threats - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/protection

Archives and tools are located at: