I would be interested in joining such a session.  My research has been on community-based tourism in rural Vietnam, but I have not yet decided what my paper will address.

Melissa

Tim Wallace <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"Is anybody organizing a session on tourism-related topics such as
residents' responses to the impact of tourism or the development of
heritage tourism? I would like to join a session being organized for the
next AAA in San Francisco with a paper reporting on research being done
in Turks and Caicos in the Caribbean. One possible paper would be a
report based on qualitative and quantitative research of residents'
perception of tourisms' impacts (social, cultural ecological, and
economic) on the island archepelago. The other possible paper would
concern efforts to market the islands as more than a sun, sand, and sea
destination with the development of heritage offerings. Please contact
Catherine Cameron for further discussion: [log in to unmask]"

Catherine M. Cameron, Ph.D
Professor of Anthropology
Cedar Crest College
Allentown, PA. 18104