-----Original Message-----
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Liz Pearson
Sent: 18 March 2008 15:19
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Archaeobotany workshop at Worcester in May

Dear All,

As decided at the Archaeobotany Workshop meeting in London in November,
myself and Alan Clapham will host the next meeting at Worcestershire
Historic Environment and Archaeology Service in Worcester on Saturday
10th
May.

The meeting will follow the normal format of discussion and presentation

of work in the morning and microscope session in the afternoon.

So far the following have offered to give presentations on their recent
work:

Gemma Martin - A Bronze Age site at Pode Hole Quarry, Cambridgeshire
Alan Clapham - Clifton Quarry, Worcestershire: the pits!
And if time permits - Nick Daffern on the pollen from a possible flax-
retting pit

Discussion themes suggested so far are:
*	Dealing with samples processed by external organisations, and
analysis techniques (Gemma)
*	The use of 'Plantatt' phytosociology scheme in archaeobotany is
it
of use? (Alan Clapham)
*	National Heritage Science Strategy (Allan Hall)

Could you let me know if there are any topics or results that you would
like to discuss?

As before, could we all bring food to share at lunchtime. Tea, coffee
and
biscuits will be provided. Please let us know if you would like to
attend,
and we look forward to seeing you in May.

Best wishes,

Please respond to either Liz or Alan (see contacts below):

Worcestershire Historic Environment and Archaeology Service
Woodbury Hall
University of Worcester
Henwick Grove
Worcester WR2 6AJ
Tel 01905 855495

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the
views of English Heritage unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it
from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in
any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to English Heritage may become publicly available.