Dear Lionel,

a Slovenian colleague Borut Toskan, who was dealing with similar problem of differentiating Martes martes and M.foina, just informed me about following reference

 Ambros, D. & Hilpert, B. 2005. Morphologische Unterscheidungsmerkmale an

postcranialen Skelettenelementen des Baummarders (Martes martes LINNÉ

1758) und des Steinmarders (Martes foina ERXLEBEN 1777) (Carnivora,

Mustelidae) In Neue Forschungen zum Höhlenbären in Europa, Abhandlung Band

45, pp 19-34.

However, non of us have that "Forscbhungen". I would appreciate .pdf if any Zooarcher has it.

Best wishes,

Vesna Dimitrijevic

Department of Archaeology
Faculty of Philosophy