Hi Everyone,

Firstly, I wish to thank Beryl Graham, Sarah Cook and Verina Gfader for
inviting me to share this discussion on this list about [Writing about]
the ephemeral / the ‘live’ / the broadcast?

I am sorry for not being able to discuss things earlier on the CRUMB
list, due to various changes happening to my organisation at present.
Beryl asked me to post some information about myself here first, so that
the list users know who I am and where I fit in, in respect of the theme
being explored. You don't have to read it all, just notice that my
approach to the subject comes from a varied set of perspectives and
experiences.

Net artist, (new) media artist, curator, writer, street artist,
activist, educationalist. Emerging in the late 80's from the streets
exploring creativity via agit-art tactics. Using unofficial,
experimental platforms such as the streets, pirate radio and networked
technologies. Content provider and co-producer of the 1980's alternative
broadcasting, sound art collective 'Savage Yet Tender' based in Bristol,
UK. Exploring with net broadcasts, BBS systems, performance,
intervention, events, pamphlets, showing work in subways, warehouses and
independent gallery spaces. In the early 90's was co-sysop (systems
operator) with artist Heath Bunting on 'Cybercafe BBS', dedicated to
arts, technology and various forms of hacking, social & technological.

Co-director and co-founder, with artist Ruth Catlow of the net arts
collectives and communities:
http://www.furtherfield.org
http://www.furthernoise.org
http://www.netbehaviour.org

Also cofounder and co-curator/director of the gallery space called HTTP
Gallery http://www.http.uk.net/, London UK. HTTP is London's first
dedicated gallery for networked and new media art. Working with artists
from around the world HTTP provides a public venue for experimental
approaches to exhibiting artworks simultaneously in physical and virtual
space, and online projects that explore participative and collaborative
art practice. Artists' projects on DVD, real-time, webcast, software art
and live art also play a role in the curatorial work of HTTP.

One of our projects that may be of interest:

Visitorsstudio since 2003 - An online place for real-time, multi-user
mixing, collaborative creation, many to many dialogue and networked
performance and play. http://www.visitorsstudio.org

A selected projects that also may be of interest:

Selection of co-curated projects:

Co curated Zero Gamer - Taking the action out of interaction
Zero Gamer looks at games played, unplayed and unplayable, the spectator
and the spectacle.
http://www.http.uk.net/zerogamer/

The Do It With Others (DIWO) E-Mail-Art exhibition.
ExtendING the DIY ethos of some early net art and tactical media (said
to be motivated by curiosity, activism and precision) towards a more
collaborative DIWO approach. Peers connect, communicate and collaborate,
creating controversies, structures and culture using both digital
networks and shared physical environments.
http://www.http.uk.net/docs/exhib12/exhibitions12.shtml

Game/Play - Playful interaction and goal-oriented gaming explored
through media arts practice.
http://blog.game-play.org.uk/

Recent articles relating to above works and projects.

A CONTEXT MAP OF VisitorsStudio.
http://blog.visitorsstudio.org/?q=node/31/

Zero Gamer.
http://www.http.uk.net/zerogamer/exhibition.shtml

Game/Play Catalogue.
http://blog.game-play.org.uk/files/GamePlay_Final.pdf

Now that's over with, I'll hook back in on another post :-)

marc