I recommend that you contact the Mexico-U.S. International Boundary and Water Commission (http://www.ibwc.state.gov/home.html).  I recommend Mr. Bäärnhielm contact Mr. Gilbert Anaya [(915) 832-4702], the U.S. GIS expert for the IBWC.  He or his Mexican counterparts at INEGI may be able to assist.  Old fashioned plaster models are anachronistic, but might still exist in some archival attic for at least part of the boundary.

From: International boundaries discussion list [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Brendan Whyte
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 12:21 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [INT-BOUNDARIES] 3D model of US-Mexico border?

Colleagues,
This request for information on any 3D relief model of the US-Mexico border is forwarded from another email list, but perhaps someone on this list can help?
Please send replies direct to Dr Bäärnhielm.
Brendan Whyte
Ubon Ratchathani University
Thailand

***************************************

Dear US colleagues,

Swedish TV is looking for a 3D model ("material", not digital, and preferably not plastic) of the US-Mexico border and surrounding topography. Large enough, I suppose, to be panned and zoomed into. Can anyone tell me if such a thing does at all exist and where it might be located?

Kind regards
Göran Bäärnhielm

Göran Bäärnhielm
Ph.D., Map Curator
Department of Collections
Manuscripts, maps and pictures

Kungl. biblioteket/National Library of Sweden
Mail: Box 5039, SE-102 41 Stockholm
Visits: Humlegården, Stockholm
Phone: +46 8 463 41 80
Fax: +46 8 463 40 04